Temperature-responsive cell cultureware for "Cell Sheet" engineering
- Collect cultured confluent cells as an intact cell-sheet without enzyme treatment.
- Harvested cell-sheet retains intact basal membranes such as extra cellular matrix (fibronectin, laminin, collagen type IV)
- No suture required for transplantation since fibronectin is kept intact on cells.
- Construction of multiple layered cell-sheet is possible since fibronectin is kept intact on cells.
- Click here for the data page
- FAQs of UpCell®
- The products are distributed under Nunc brand. Please contact them for purchasing details.
Key features of UpCell®
- Temperature-responsive polymer (PIPAAm) is immobilized to the surface of the cell cultureware at nano-thickness.
- The polymer grafted surface shows reversible hydrophobic - hydrophilic property across the threshold temperature of 32℃, allowing cells to datech in a form of thin film (cell-sheet) WITHOUT harmful enzymes (e.g. trypsin or dispase).
- The polymer is covalently bonded to the surface therefore harvested cell-sheet is free from polymer contamination.